Thursday, July 3, 2014

Running while on vacation

Running on vacation can be fun, unless you're in the desert, and it's 100+ degrees, and super humid, and you're feeling lazy, and you're feeling sorry for yourself because you hurt your knee the week before. Well enough of that....

I kinda learned to like running in the heat, you just need to be flexible about when you get out. Early in the morning has been the best time to go, it's cooler -- well it's 80 -- and a little less humid. The heat alone isn't so bad it's the muggy air that kills me. I'm longing for my foggy coastal trails.

I brought a Chi Running and Chi Marathon with me for a little inspiration which helped me to get motivated and out the door. I managed just under two miles on my first outting, two and a half on my second, and just under four on my third. Not huge numbers but I'm getting out and getting my knee stronger.


My third attempt at running in the heat and humidity...
http://www.strava.com/activities/161198531

No comments:

Post a Comment