Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Quickie post for Tuesday

I'm working on a review of my Salomon Speedcross 3 trail shoes but in the meantime check this out.

I'm pretty hooked on the Trail Runner Nation podcasts right now. They put together a good show with interesting guests and some great training tips. I usually have it on while I'm at the office or when I'm in the car. One of my favorite guests so far has been Dr. Steve Gangemi a.k.a. "The Sock Doc". In the three or four episodes he's been on he talks about some pretty cool training stuff so I investigated his site a little bit, ok a lot.

From Dr. Gangemi's website:
Sock Doc's mission is to educate athletes about the benefits of natural injury treatment and prevention. Most conventional therapies such as medication, wearing orthotics, and stretching, do not address the underlying causes of injury. With Sock Doc's holistic recommendations and methods, you'll finally break free of an endless cycle of frustration and costly symptom-based injury treatments that rarely work.You'll learn how to listen to your body and become a faster, stronger, healthier and more efficient athlete.
Yeah, I'm totally into that. Natural ways to address injuries and become a more efficient athlete? Sign me the heck up! I've been experimenting with a couple of the methods he talks about and I've seen some improvement in my fitness and I think I finally worked out an on going issue with my achilles tendons.

Good stuff for sure.


Find Dr. Gangemi at www.sock-doc.com and Trail Runner Nation at www.trailrunnernation.com



No comments:

Post a Comment